St. Mark’s has a strong music program, blessed with gifted directors, instrumentalists and singers and a supportive congregation. We offer a variety of ways that people of all ages can praise God and encourage others through music.
Bells of St. Mark's
- Adult handbell choir, playing easy to moderately difficult music.
- Director: JoAnn Luther
- Rehearsal: Monday, 6:30pm in the sanctuary
- Usually plays once a month in 8:15 and 9:45 Sunday worship services.
- Adult Choir for all who love to sing. Music is of a more gospel nature.
- Director: Sondra Franks
- Accompanist: Lira Makarova
- Rehearsal: Wednesday, 6:15pm in the Choir Room
- Usually sings three times a month in the traditional services.
- Adult Choir open to all who love to sing. Music is moderate to difficult.
- Director: Elizabeth Schauer
- Accompanist: Sondra Franks
- Rehearsal: Wednesday, 7:30pm in the sanctuary
- Usually sings three times a month in the traditional services
Children's Sunday School Music
- Open to participants from kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Leader: Carli Ogle
- Rehearsal: Music is taught in each Sunday School classroom once a month, at 9:45am.
- All children will have the opportunity to sing in worship a couple of times per year.
- Youth instrumental ensemble, open to participants in grades 4 and above.
- Director: Vince Adkins
- Rehearsal: Sunday, 9:00am in Room 18
- Ensemble will have the opportunity to perform in worship occasionally throughout the year.
- Ensemble of voices that leads the music in the 11:15 contemporary service, The Gathering. Open to high school age youth and adults.
- Praise Team Leader: Cathy Harris-Herchenroeder
- Accompanist: Todd Martin
- Rehearsal: Thursday, 6:30pm