Missions is an exciting area of Ministry at St. Mark’s. In fact, ten percent of our annual church budget is dedicated to missions work! Our missions funds are distributed according to several of St. Mark’s identified priorities. Our Missions Committee focuses specifically on:
- Bringing Christ to the world by taking Church out into the world.
- Becoming physically involved in mission and justice projects.
In 2018, St. Mark’s Missions financial commitment is $117,350. Our Missions Committee has prayerfully considered and designated a number of local and national organizations that will receive gifts during the year, along with other ongoing projects as well as a few unidentified needs that will surely arise during the year.
Following is the list of partners that St. Mark’s will support financially through its Missions funds. We invite you to learn more about these organizations, as well as other agencies that St. Mark’s supports, both locally and nationally, through volunteerism by browsing our Missions page.
- Agua Prieta
- Bible Stick Ministry
- Christian Persecution
- Community Food Bank
- Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
- Frontera Wesley Tucson
- Habitat for Humanity, Brush with Kindness
- Interfaith Community Services
- Inn Project
- Kairos/Kairos Outside
- Nash Neighbors
- National Military Organizaiton
- Our Family Services
- POZ Café
- Primavera Foundation
- Sierra Service Project (youth)
- Souper Bowl
- Stand Up For Kids
- Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, Thornhill Lopez Center on 4th
- TIHAN (Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network)
- TMM Family Services
- Tu Nidito
- Youth On Their Own