October 01, 2021
I spent two nights at Mingus Mountain United Methodist Camp this week. Like Pastor Sharon before me, I serve on the Board of Ordained Ministry. I believe it’s my fifth year? Time has escaped me. My role as Chair of the Order of Elders places me on the board, and I serve with fabulous people. The last time we were together in person was March of 2020, just before the nation moved inside and away from group gatherings.
This week, we followed all the protocols put in place over the summer for camp at Mingus, and we were able to be together in person. It was a fabulous time. In the midst of the business on our agenda, we had time to sit around the fireplace and talk about ministry and family and vacations and everything else under the sun. We shared laughter, we shared sweet moments of affirmation, we shared our struggles, we shared life.
Who do you share life with? I am grateful you share life here at St. Mark’s. Whether you attend online or in the building, you are an important part of the St. Mark’s community. We share life through our own time together – in the kitchen testing the new oven, on a Zoom study, at Soul Station, in the choir, in meetings. All of these are ways that we share life together in community, even while we are not sharing life as we used to.
This Sunday, we move our worship times – 8:30 a.m. and then 10 a.m. in three places! We also celebrate World Communion Sunday. We share faith with people all around the world, and on this Sunday we pray for unity and for peace and for the Christian faith to be spread. We share together, knowing that we join Christians all over the world around the table.
I pray you have a special person or group of people you can laugh and pray with. I pray that you find life in the interactions of faith through the ministry of St. Mark’s. I pray that you remember we are part of a large group of people around the world, seeking life in Christ together. Our world needs the unity we find in Christ.
Join us Sunday for worship!
Grace and peace,
NEW WORSHIP SCHEDULE
Join us for worship at our new times beginning Oct. 3:
- 8:30 a.m. Traditional service with choirs in Sanctuary and child care in Rm 15
- 10 a.m. The Gathering praise service with Praise Team in Fellowship Hall
- 10 a.m. Traditional service with choirs in Sanctuary
- 10 a.m. Youth and children’s Sunday School and child care
- 10 a.m. Pre-recorded worship premieres on YouTube and Website
Three ways to access our pre-recorded service:
- From the main menu on our website click “Worship.”
- Go to YouTube and search for UMC St. Mark’s Oro Valley or use this link.
- The YouTube link will also be shared on Facebook St. Mark’s UMC Tucson or use this link.