MISSION STATEMENT: Changing the world through Christ, by caring for all people.
FOCUS: Priority II: We will reach out to new people in all ages and stages of life, with an emphasis on reaching younger people.
I. St. Mark’s United Methodist Church will bring Christ to the world by taking Church out into the world.
II. St. Mark’s United Methodist Church will reach out to new people in all ages and stages of life, with an emphasis on reaching younger people.
III. St. Mark’s United Methodist Church will prayerfully examine our church structure. We will seek to strengthen the systems, which are supporting and nurturing our ministry, and to relinquish those systems which no longer serve us well.
IV. St. Mark’s United Methodist Church will become physically involved in mission and justice projects.
EMPHASES – for the purpose of building relationships with God and others
Enhancing worship – some goals include:
- Explore multi-site option for St. Mark’s.
- Explore concurrent worship at 9:45 a.m. October-March
- Continue to strengthen connections with Early Childhood Center, including monthly chapel services.
- Continue Fifth Sunday All-Church Worship
- Increase involvement of children and youth in worship leadership
Fostering mission and service – some goals include:
- Frame all mission work around fostering growth as Jesus’ disciples
- Continually provide hands-on mission projects for all ages
- Refine system for quick response to mission needs