Pastor Stuart’s Last Sunday With Us
June 09, 2023
Have you ever had so many wonderful choices that you had trouble making a decision? This is the situation I have been in for the last several months. I knew this upcoming Sunday would be my last Sunday at St. Mark’s and I would be “in charge” of worship. This means I could put anything I wanted into worship, within reason of course. I have to tell you there were many things that I wanted to add to the service and many topics I wanted to speak about (pastors almost always have more to say, hahahaha). You can be glad I decided to not take us all down any number of rabbit holes.
After whittling things down quite a bit I came to the discerned decision that the best thing I could do within my final worship service at St. Mark’s was to listen to some of the last words Christ had for the Disciples. We will focus this Sunday on John 16:12-15. These words from John come from what is known as “The Farewell Discourses,” which are several chapters of vitally important words from Jesus when Jesus knew his time was extremely limited. These are words that I turn to time and time again for my own walk of faith and are the altruistic reason I invite you to worship this Sunday. The more selfish reason I invite you to worship is, it is my last Sunday at St. Mark’s and I want to see you before I officially hop on I-10 to move to Phoenix. See you then!
- 8:30 a.m. Traditional service in Sanctuary and child care in Rm 15
- 10 a.m. Traditional service in Sanctuary and child care in Rm 15
- 10 a.m. Youth and children’s Sunday School and child care (except fifth Sundays)
- 10 a.m. Livestream premieres on YouTube and Website
To access our livestream service:
- From the main menu on our website click “Worship.” -OR-
- Go to YouTube and search for UMC St. Mark’s Oro Valley or use this link.